The Los Angeles World Affairs Council & Town Hall’s Young Professional Program offers a unique opportunity to connect with globally-minded people and engage in international affairs and current events in Los Angeles. Bringing together a diverse group of young professionals with a shared passion for the world, the YP Program hosts a wide range of social and networking events, discussions, and intimate receptions.
The Young Professionals Program of the Los Angeles World Affairs Council & Town Hall connects young professionals with each other and with local and international leaders through innovative and educational programs and empowers them to make positive contributions to the community.
Benefits of a Young Professionals Membership
- Connect: Meet equally global-minded young professionals across all fields and industries around the greater-LA area.
- Engage: The YP Program offers member-only events, such as the Consulate Series, often hosted at consulates or in intimate residences of Consul Generals, and complimentary film screenings of foreign films and documentaries.
- Network: The YP Program hosts several networking events each year, as well as a big Career Fair with recruiters from the international arena, to broaden your professional circle and enhance your career development.
- Access: YP Members also receive all benefits of members with the greater Los Angeles World Affairs Council, including discounted rates to over 60 events a year and preferred seating.
Meet the Young Professionals Board of Directors
- Jerome Hsiang, Chair, Shiang Law Firm, PC
- Daniel Cox Producer NBC Universal
- Cassie Hermiston Boyd
- Somya Munjal Managing Partner CPA For The People LLP
- Michelle Powers Rand Corporations
- Jack Razon Wells Fargo Advisors
- Sandra Sabbagh
- Kevin Schallert Chambre LP
- Jordan Shiprio Consultant International Affairs Analyst
- Eti Shechtman Research Lead, Impact & Design; Global Risk And Sustainability Consultant XPRIZE
- Adam Stein
- Sam Tavakoli Tavakoli Properties
- Ryan Wah Portfolio Manager Attlee Capital LLC
- Kathryn Wolterman